FIFA pays tribute to Bahader - the oldest professional football player in history
FIFA shed the light on the achievement made by the 74-year-old player Ezzedin Bahader who has become officially the oldest player in football history.
The Egyptian Ezzedin Bahader who plays for 6th of October club in the third division has gained his place in the Guinness World Records as the oldest professional football player.
Bahader participated in 2 games with his club this season in the third division league with the second one held last Saturday against Al-Ayyat.
FIFA's official website congratulated the 74-year-old player confirming that he has officially set a new record to be registered in Guinness World Records.
The game was attended by minister of Sports Ashraf Sobhi and the Guinness World Records representatives, with Bahader being honored at the end of the game.
Bahader had announced his intention earlier this year of setting a new record but his plans were stalled due to the covid-19 pandemic outbreak which resulted into the suspension of football activities in most countries including Egypt.
Bahader dreams of breaking his own record:
The Egyptian grandpa finally met the criteria of Guinness World records during his participation in last Saturday's game to be named the world's oldest professional football replacing Israeli Isaak Hayik, who played for Maccabi Ironi a full Israel Football Association match in April last year aged 73. “I dream of being able to break my own record one more time, just to make the competition a little harder,” Bahader said
Te recomendamos en English
- DONALD TRUMP Trump lands in Florida: what will he do next?
- Olympic Games Japan accepts Olympic Games will be cancelled
- CORNELLÀ 0-2 BARCELONA Koeman: "No Barça player should miss two penalties in the same match"
- US NEWS Amazon offer to help Biden administration with Covid-19 vaccine distribution
- FORTNITE Predator in Fortnite: where to find him and how to get his skin in Season 5
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates: Biden plan, when could it arrive