Sergiño Dest becomes first American to start for Barcelona in Champions League
For the second time in a row Sergiño Dest was part of FC Barcelona’s starting XI, but this time it was in the UEFA Champions League against Ferencváros.
Sergiño Dest keeps making history with FC Barcelona, despite only having played three official games. He made his debut against Sevilla when he replaced Jordi Alba due to an injury and he has now become the first American to play an official game with Barcelona.
Having come on against Sevilla, Ronald Koeman decided to include the 19-year-old in the starting XI against Getafe and he became the first American to start a La Liga match for the Catalonian club. Sergiño Dest has shown he can play as a right or left back and Koeman has been very impressed since his arrival.
Dest's debut in Champions League
For the second game in a row Sergiño Dest was part of Barcelona’s starting XI against Ferencváros for matchday 1 of Champions League Group G and he became the first American to start a UEFA Champions League match for Barcelona. Dest played the entire game and started as a left back.
During the second-half Junior Firpo replaced Sergi Roberto and Koeman switched Dest from left to right back where he played for the remainder of the game. FC Barcelona beat Ferencváros five-nil and with Jordi Alba out for several weeks, the United States international is gaining the trust of Ronald Koeman.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5: stock updates at Walmart, Costco, GameStop Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS $300 unemployment benefits: are there new proposals to extend them?
- Liga MX Chivas vs Leon live online: Liga MX Playoffs Semifinal Leg 1
- US News What stimulus and executive actions does Biden plan for his first 100 days?
- PSG Neymar: What I want most is to play with Messi again
- NBA NBA 2020-21 season: Lakers-Clippers clash, Durant's Warriors reunion headline opening night