Barcelona renew deals with Piqué, Ter Stegen, Lenglet and De Jong
The defender extends his deal to 2024, the keeper through to 2025 with Lenglet and De Jong penning news deals through to 2026.
Just as the final whistle sounded after the 5-1 win over Ferencvaros, FC Barcelona issued a statement confirming new contract extensions for four key squad members: Gerard Piqué, Ter Stegen, Frenkie de Jong and Clement Lenglet. The players will also see adjustments made in their annual wage packet given the economic crisis the club is undergoing as a result of the impact of the covid-19 pandemic.
Gerard Piqué's deal is extended by two years and now runs through to 30 June (2024) with the extension based on the defender playing in 75% games of the current campaign. His release clause remains at 500 million euro
Marc Andre Ter Stegen's contract is extended through to the end of June 2025 with his release clause increasing from 180 million to 500 million euro. Frenkie de Jong's release clause remains at 400 million euro but his contract is extended through to the end of the 2025/26 season, the same date as that of Clément Lenglet. The French defender's buy-out clause however does increase, shifting from 300 million to 400 million euro.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby