Solskjaer confirms Bailly injury blow for Manchester United
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirmed the news that he will be without Eric Bailly until November due to a muscular injury.
Manchester United will be without Eric Bailly until after the next international window in November, manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirmed on Wednesday.
Bailly with suspected muscle tear injury
The Ivory Coast centre-back was on the bench when United beat Newcastle United 1-4 at the weekend but did not travel for the impressive 2-1 win at Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League on Tuesday. Bailly has an unspecified muscular injury, which Solskjaer said will keep him out potentially for up to a month. "Eric has a muscle injury, we think maybe three or four weeks, maybe after the international break he'll be back," Solskjaer said.
It presents a slight problem for the United boss, who was without Harry Maguire in the French capital, though he could be back when Chelsea visit Old Trafford this weekend. Axel Tuanzebe excelled in a back three alongside Victor Lindelof and Luke Shaw in his first competitive appearance since December, meaning Aaron Wan-Bissaka and new signing Alex Telles were utilised as wing-backs.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?