Cavani poised for Man Utd debut against Chelsea
United boss Solskjaer said he is impressed by new signing Cavani's meticulous approach to training and is in line to make his debut for the club in the clash against Chelsea.
Edinson Cavani, who joined the Red Devils on a free transfer this month after his Paris St Germain contract expired last season, had to self-isolate for 14 days on arrival in the United Kingdom.
The 33-year-old was ruled out of the 4-1 league victory over Newcastle United and missed the 2-1 Champions League win at his former club on Tuesday, but has worked on his fitness levels to come into contention for his first game since March.
"Of course, he's been away from football for so long, he needed a pre-season," Solskjaer told reporters on Friday.
"He's naturally fit and he's been looking after himself... now he's getting more training sessions individualised so he feels ready to train with the team and play with the team.
"He's been very meticulous and methodical in his training and his preparation. He didn't feel ready for the PSG game... he hadn't done enough sharpness work, but he's managed to do that this week. Let's see if that means he's ready for Chelsea."
Solskjaer's side are 15th in the Premier League table with six points from four matches, while Chelsea are ninth with eight points but have played one game more.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?