Ajax set Eredivisie record with stunning 13-0 win over VVV-Venlo
Inspired by five-goal Lassina Traore, Ajax were in record-breaking mood as they crushed VVV-Venlo on Saturday.
Ajax became the first team to score 13 goals in a single Eredivise game with a thumping 13-0 win over VVV-Venlo.
Erik ten Hag's side bounced back in remarkable style following their midweek defeat to Liverpool in the Champions League, beating their own record from 1972 when they thrashed Vitesse 12-1.
Lassina Traore particularly enjoyed himself against the most accommodating of hosts, becoming the first Ajax player to score five goals in an Eredivisie game since Marco van Basten in 1985 and the first to record three assists for the club in a league match since Frenkie de Jong in 2017.
That stunning display meant the Burkina Faso striker became the first player this century to be directly involved in eight goals in a Eredivisie match.
Venlo, who had Christian Kum sent off with the score at 4-0, are left to reflect on their biggest ever defeat in a professional game, with their previous heaviest loss a 10-1 reverse to PSV in 1964.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- ROYAL FAMILY Prince Philip Funeral: what happened at the Duke of Edinburgh's Windsor ceremony?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: when are they being sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check for veterans: how to track and claim a missing payment
- MLS Carlos Vela gets mad at Bob Bradley for taking him off too early