Barcelona complain about Martínez Munuera's refereeing in El Clásico
'Sport' report that Barça put in a complaint to RFEF president Luis Rubiales while 'La Vanguardia' claim VAR has favoured Madrid 20 times since the restart.
According to a piece in Monday's edition of Sport, Barça contacted RFEF president Luis Rubiales on Sunday to put in a formal complaint about Juan Martínez Munuera's refereeing during Saturday's Clásico. After consulting VAR, Martínez Munuera awarded Madrid a penalty following a controversial incident involving Clément Lenglet and Sergio Ramos.
VAR always seems to work in Madrid's favour
The Valencian match official's performance made the front pages of many of Sunday's sports press in Catalunya, with fierce criticism of VAR. There was also a reference to Martínez Munuera's former links to Real Madrid. La Vanguardia published a report which claimed that since LaLiga restarted after the state of emergency, VAR has worked in favour of Real Madrid in 20 different incidents while Barça have been punished in 15.
Ahead of this weeks' game against Juventus, almost all of the focus has been on refereeing and the current issues involving the board...
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby