Barcelona complain about Martínez Munuera's refereeing in El Clásico
'Sport' report that Barça put in a complaint to RFEF president Luis Rubiales while 'La Vanguardia' claim VAR has favoured Madrid 20 times since the restart.
According to a piece in Monday's edition of Sport, Barça contacted RFEF president Luis Rubiales on Sunday to put in a formal complaint about Juan Martínez Munuera's refereeing during Saturday's Clásico. After consulting VAR, Martínez Munuera awarded Madrid a penalty following a controversial incident involving Clément Lenglet and Sergio Ramos.
VAR always seems to work in Madrid's favour
The Valencian match official's performance made the front pages of many of Sunday's sports press in Catalunya, with fierce criticism of VAR. There was also a reference to Martínez Munuera's former links to Real Madrid. La Vanguardia published a report which claimed that since LaLiga restarted after the state of emergency, VAR has worked in favour of Real Madrid in 20 different incidents while Barça have been punished in 15.
Ahead of this weeks' game against Juventus, almost all of the focus has been on refereeing and the current issues involving the board...
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 England vs Scotland: Euro 2020 live online today
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: could it be approved before July?
- US NEWS What states do not recognize Juneteenth?
- FOOTBALL Eriksen discharged from hospital following heart surgery
- REAL MADRID Ramos' former agent: "You don't mess around with Real Madrid..."
- OLYMPIC GAMES When do the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games start?