Barcelona complain about Martínez Munuera's refereeing in El Clásico
'Sport' report that Barça put in a complaint to RFEF president Luis Rubiales while 'La Vanguardia' claim VAR has favoured Madrid 20 times since the restart.
According to a piece in Monday's edition of Sport, Barça contacted RFEF president Luis Rubiales on Sunday to put in a formal complaint about Juan Martínez Munuera's refereeing during Saturday's Clásico. After consulting VAR, Martínez Munuera awarded Madrid a penalty following a controversial incident involving Clément Lenglet and Sergio Ramos.
VAR always seems to work in Madrid's favour
The Valencian match official's performance made the front pages of many of Sunday's sports press in Catalunya, with fierce criticism of VAR. There was also a reference to Martínez Munuera's former links to Real Madrid. La Vanguardia published a report which claimed that since LaLiga restarted after the state of emergency, VAR has worked in favour of Real Madrid in 20 different incidents while Barça have been punished in 15.
Ahead of this weeks' game against Juventus, almost all of the focus has been on refereeing and the current issues involving the board...
Te recomendamos en English
- latest news Happy Thanksgiving 2020 messages, images and memes
- thanksgiving Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: times, TV and how to watch online
- HOLIDAYS Thanksgiving: since when has it been celebrated? What’s its origin and meaning?
- Maradona How did Maradona die: cause of death of the Argentinean legend
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dies at 60: football world pays tribute to Argentina great
- MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dead: updates, latest news and reactions