Dodgers within one win of first World Series title since 1988
Clayton Kershaw helped the Los Angeles Dodgers into a 3-2 World Series lead over the Tampa Bay Rays at Globe Life Field in Texas on Sunday night.
The Los Angeles Dodgers are just one win away from a first World Series title since 1988 after a 4-2 victory over the Tampa Bay Rays. Clayton Kershaw delivered a fine start as the Dodgers moved into a 3-2 series lead on Sunday, a day after an incredible walk-off loss at Globe Life Field. The Dodgers star pitched 5.2 innings, striking out six and giving up five hits and two runs. Kershaw also surpassed Justin Verlander for the most strikeouts in the postseason in MLB history.
Dodgers off to a flying start
The Dodgers made another fast start in Game 5 as Corey Seager and Cody Bellinger hit RBI singles in the first inning. The in-form Seager was the first Dodgers player all-time to record a hit in five straight at-bats in a World Series, as per Stats Perform.
Joc Pederson's home run stretched the lead before the Rays responded in the third inning through Yandy Diaz and Randy Arozarena. Arozarena became the first rookie with an RBI in three straight World Series games since Gil McDougald managed it for the New York Yankees in 1951. He also set a record for the most hits in a single postseason with 27.
The Rays went close to levelling the game in the fourth inning, but Manuel Margot was sensationally caught trying to steal home. Max Muncy's solo shot in the fifth proved to be the last of the scoring as the Dodgers, unlike Saturday, closed out a win. Rays pitcher Tyler Glasnow got through five innings, striking out seven but giving up six hits and four runs.
The Dodgers can seal the series with a win in Game 6 on Tuesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- WFS LIVE 'African clubs need to develop their brand before chasing profit'
- WFS LIVE 'The pandemic has prompted a wave of creativity across the sports industry'
- MARADONA Maradona's lawyer calls for investigation into medical services' "CRIMINAL IDIOCY"
- World Football Summit Eto’o: “Diego Maradona was an idol for a whole generation”
- PREMIER LEAGUE Which Premier League clubs can have fans back in stadiums?
- US News Black Friday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Walmart, Costco & Target