Jorge Jesus was a better coach than José Mourinho - Julio César
He may have won a treble under José Mourinho at Inter, but Julio César preferred playing for Jorge Jesus at Benfica.
José Mourinho provided Julio Cesar with the high point of his career but the former goalkeeper ranks Jorge Jesus as the best coach he played for. Julio César, who won 87 caps for Brazil between 2004 and 2014, spent seven years at Inter Milan and was a key member of Mourinho's treble-winning side in 2009-10.
Silverware at Benfica
The keeper joined up with Jesus at Benfica for the 2014-15 season and won a Primeira Liga and Taca da Liga double in Lisbon. Julio César was thoroughly impressed by Jesus' tactical acumen, which he feels sets him apart from any other coach he worked under.
"I really like his work. He is a coach who really has something extra. But not to belittle others, obviously," Julio César said on Caioba Game Show. "Mourinho was the culmination of my career. It was a very successful time with him at Inter. But between Mourinho and Jesus, I prefer Jesus. Tactically, he is absurd. He's a guy who breathes it 24 hours a day. He has a phrase: 'Everyone plays ball; now, understand the game few understand.' I remember when I arrived at Benfica, in the first season, I learned a lot. Thing I would never have imagined, reaching the end of my career, at the age of 34, several titles won and a nice history in football. In terms of management, he is a guy who knows a lot."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA Gymnastics Women's Team Finals: participants, format, scoring
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Simone Biles’ family life: who are her parents and boyfriend?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What is Simone Biles' net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?