PSG: Mbappé's future is already mapped out and that's sad - Rami
Adil Rami went to the 2018 World Cup Russia with France and collected a winner's medal, in part thanks to Kylian Mbappé's goal-scoring exploits.
Kylian Mbappé's days as a Paris Saint-Germain player are numbered, according to the striker's former France team-mate Adil Rami. The 21-year-old has been repeatedly linked with Real Madrid, while Premier League champions Liverpool have also been touted as having an interest in his future.
Mbappé is under contract at PSG until the end of the 2021-22 season, and if he holds off signing a new contract then the prospects of him leaving before then may increase. He could join fellow World Cup winner Zinedine Zidane at the Santiago Bernabéu, and Rami is convinced Mbappé is planning for a future away from the Parc des Princes.
Speaking on RMC show Top of the Foot, Rami said the lack of news about a new deal for Mbappé at PSG makes his exit an inevitability. "I think it's done, especially since it's not moving forward in the discussions," he explained. "You have the impression that it annoys him to talk about it, he does not talk about it with the club, his entourage. And from the moment where it annoys him, it means he does not want to hear it. It is awkward for him. His future is all mapped out and it's sad for the Parisians, even for Ligue 1. I love this player."
Mbappé, on fire in 2020
Rami, who was a member of France's 2018 World Cup winning squad alongside Mbappé, is now playing in Portugal with Boavista. Mbappé has shown startling form in the early years of his career, following up his 33 Ligue 1 goals in 2018-19 with 18 from 20 games in the truncated subsequent campaign. This season he has begun with six goals and three assists in four starts and an appearance off the bench for PSG in their domestic campaign.
Te recomendamos en English
- Tottenham 'just a pony' in Premier League title race? Lampard disagrees with Mourinho
- CYBER MONDAY Cybermonday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair
- US Election Election USA 2020: why did Donald Trump pay $3 million for recount in Wisconsin?
- US News Cyber Monday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Walmart, Costco & Target
- US News Walmart, Amazon and Macy´s: Black Friday returns policies
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: latest on US coronavirus relief bill