Tension hangs over Raja camp after latest round of covid-19 tests
The Raja Casablanca camp is filled with concern as they are waiting for the covid-19 test results to confirm the squad can travel safely to Cairo.
The Raja Casablanca squad is eagerly awaiting the results of the covid-19 tests players and staff have undergone to determine which names will be travelling to Cairo for the second leg of the African Champions League semi-final against Zamalek of Egypt next Sunday.
The recently-conducted tests will decide the situation of 13 players and staff members who had contracted the infection earlier, while two players have already recovered from the virus; Mohamed Zrida and Ilias Haddad.
Moroccan fans are anxiously waiting for the results as the team is set to leave for Cairo on Friday, with Raja's lovers hoping their team can turn the first leg defeat into a victory and make it through to the final in Egypt.
The second leg of the encounter was scheduled for 24 October before the Moroccan side requested to postpone the game due to the spread of Covid-19 infection among players and staff. The CAF approved Raja's demand and rescheduled the game for 1 November.
Raja might resort to youngsters in case, not enough players recovered:
CAF has also allowed Raja to add 3 young players to the team's squad which was done by coach Jimal Sellami who decided to include 3 youngsters in the team's squad to replace the absentees. The squad now comprises Mon'em Al-Bakari, Muhammed Naeem, and Oussam Sokhane.
Raja fell behind in the first leg in Casablanca by a header from Zamalek's Achraf Bencharki, with Moroccans eyeing a comeback in Cairo despite the tough surroundings the team has been experiencing.
The winner from this clash is set to face Egyptian Al-Ahly in the final game in Cairo on 6 November.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Third stimulus check: who would be eligible under Joe Biden’s proposal?
- Spanish Super Cup Leo Messi shown red card in Spanish Super Cup final against Athletic
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: will be there a new round of payments?
- LIGA MX Former Houston Astros general manager looking to buy a Liga MX club
- US NEWS What have Republicans said about the new American Rescue Plan?
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live