Koeman: "If my situation changes in any way, I hope I am told"
The Barcelona coach said of Bartomeu's departure: "Off-field issues are out of our hands. We'll see what happens. I haven't been liberated, in any way at all".
Ronald Koeman attended the media after watching his Barcelona side ease to a 0-2 win over Juventus in Turin.
Are you happy with out the game turned out?
It's always good to play well and create chances. We always managed to pick out the free man in midfield. We were able to penetrate their defence and the result is a fair one".
Are you angry that the team missed so many chances?
We should have killed the game off earlier. We had numerous chances on goal, clear chances. I think in Antoine's case it was just bad luck. The first one struck the post- he couldn't have done much better. And the second one too. He created chances to score.
Dembélé opens the scoring with sublime strike
Were you pleased with Dembélé's performance?
I don't want to single any player out. The team showed faith and confidence. The whole team showed personality against one of the strongest sides in Europe.
Araújo picked up an injury. What did you make of De Jong stepping in as centre-back?
We knew at the start of the season that we are limited in central defence. If one of them is missing, we can have problems. Frenkie has played in central defence in Holland and he did well.
Do you think Bartomeu's exit could affect the team?
We have to think about the sporting side. After the president's decision, the team played well. Hopefully it won't affect us.
Are you worried about your position?
No. We have to channel all of our energies into playing football. Off-field issues are out of our hands.
If my situation changes in any way, I hope that I am told about it. We want to gain better results and improve the way we play. That is what we are putting all of our efforts into doing. Everything outside of that is out of our control. We'll see what happens. I am not liberated by what has happened, not at all. We all have our own thoughts on what happened. The team showed tonight that it hasn't affected us - if it had, we wouldn't have put in a game like we did.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos reaching contract crossroads
- SUPER LEAGUE Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus face sanctions as UEFA reaches deal with other Super League clubs
- NFL Why does Aaron Rodgers want to leave the Green Bay Packers, and what could be his next possible NFL team?
- Coronavirus US How many people have died from the covid vaccine in the US?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS When will SSI recipients receive the Golden State Stimulus?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES Sinopharm vaccine: efficacy, dose, stock and differences with Pfizer, Sinovac, Moderna, Janssen...