Covid-19: Raja announce four more players have recovered
Four more Raja Casablanca players have recovered from the coronavirus, with the club hoping they can put together a 14-player squad before heading to Cairo.
Moroccan club Raja Casablanca announced late on Wednesday that four more members of their squad have recovered from covid-19 and returned negative tests ahead of the club's journey to Cairo.
Raja Casablanca covid-19 cases had risen to 16
The covid-19 cases among Raja players had previously reached 16 before some players started to recover, as the team previously also announced Ayoub Nanah and Elias Hadad's recovery from the virus.
The club announced late on Wednesday night that four more players have joined the list of players ready to travel to Cairo to participate in the second leg of the CAF Champions League semi-final against Zamalek.
Raja need 14 available players for CAF Champions League semi-final to go ahead
This came after some Moroccan reports suggested that only 10 Raja players were available for the game, with a squad of at least 14 needed to avoid potential disqualification if CAF didn't have the intention to postpone the game one more time.
CAF had previously postponed the game as a result of the uncontrollable spread of the infection among Raja's players and staff which forced the Moroccan side to file an official request for a delay to the game, with the semi-finals scheduled for 23 and 24 October.
Raja's participation in the second leg remains up in the air as their flight to Cairo has been delayed more than once due to the disappointing results of the tests players have undergone.
The winner from the encounter is supposed to meet with Egyptian Al-Ahly in the tournament's decider on 6 November in Cairo.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Can I qualify for Biden's American Rescue Plan if I have already received the stimulus check?
- FOOTBALL Weston McKennie could make his return against Inter Milan
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Man United: How and where to watch - times, tv, online
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...