Tunisian league postponed again amid new covid-19 restrictions
The Tunisian league has suffered a fresh postponement as a result of the spread of the coronavirus in the country
The Tunisian Football Federation has announced that the league kick-off for the 2020-2021 season will be further postponed until 27 November in compliance with the restrictions recently imposed by the government, which include extending curfew hours to curb the spread of covid-19.
The league's fixtures draw was previously staged amidst the absence of club officials, with the opening game scheduled for 7 November, but the Tunisian federation released a statement on Thursday declaring the new date of the season's kick-off will be 27 November due to the worrying recent development of the coronavirus situation.
The Federation also announced earlier that the dates set for the fixtures were subject to change should the situation require it, and it appears that this is not the right time for Tunisia to commence the new season.
No friendlies are allowed
The statement also explained that all play-offs for promotion to different league divisions will be put off until 21 November, while the start date of other championships will be determined later.
The Federation also prohibited the organisation of any friendly games until further notice in line with the Tunisian government's new measures to curb the spread of covid-19.
The government has imposed various restrictive measures that included extending curfew hours, calling off different activities and gatherings in numerous fields, and suspending schools due to the alarming rapid surge in covid-19 cases Tunisia has seen recently.
Coronavirus in Tunisia
Tunisia has reported 54,278 covid-19 cases so far, 5,032 recoveries, and 1,153 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.
Tunisian Health Minister Fawzi Mahdi said the situation in his country has become very critical, especially after 40 districts were declared red zones due to the rapid spread in infections that they are witnessing.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Third stimulus check: who would be eligible under Joe Biden’s proposal?
- Spanish Super Cup Leo Messi shown red card in Spanish Super Cup final against Athletic
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: will be there a new round of payments?
- LIGA MX Former Houston Astros general manager looking to buy a Liga MX club
- US NEWS What have Republicans said about the new American Rescue Plan?
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live