CAF Champions League: dates for semi-final and final announced
The confederation announced the dates for the African Champions League semi-final and final after postponing both games earlier due to covid-19.
The confederation of African Football CAF announced that the return leg of Raja's encounter against Zamalek of Egypt in the champions league semi-final will be held on 4 November in Cairo while the final game will be played on the 27th of the same month at Burj Al-Arab Stadium in Alexandria.
The recent decision by CAF to postpone both games until further notice had caused controversy, however, with reports suggesting that the matches had been put off as per a request from Egyptian authorities due to ongoing parliament elections in the country.
Ahly of Egypt have secured their seat in the tournament's final game after thrashing Moroccan Wydad 5-1 on aggregate, while Zamalek managed to beat Raja 1-0 in the first leg of the semi-final that was held in Casablanca. The winner from Zamalek and Raja Casablanca will face Ahly at Burj Al-Arab stadium in Egyptian city Alexandria on 27 November.
The second leg between the two teams was primarily scheduled for 24 October before the CAF approved postponing it till 1 November as per Raja's request, after several players and staff members had contracted covid-19 and subsequently placed under a one-week quarantine by Moroccan health authorities.
Press release - New dates of 2019-20 Total CAF Champions League matches https://t.co/F9618TIRCg— CAF MEDIA (@CAF_Media) October 30, 2020
Raja announced that two more players recovered from the virus
Raja announced on Friday that the latest tests the squad underwent revealed the recovery of two more players. Meanwhile, the club announced that the group would leave for Egypt on Monday after the new date of the game had been set.
Te recomendamos en English
- Boxing Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr. live fight online: results, updates and purses
- Liga MX America vs Chivas live online: Liga MX Playoffs, Leg 2 updates
- Coronavirus Which benefits will disappear if no stimulus bill is passed?
- US Election What’s happening in Trump campaign lawsuits in Pennsylvania, Georgia & Michigan?
- CORONAVIRUS Covid 19 vaccine: who would receive it first in US?
- coronavirus Coronavirus in Los Angeles: new stay-at-home restrictions and dates