Barcelona equal their worst LaLiga start and Messi's goal drought continues
Ronald Koeman's Barça have made the club's joint-worst start to a season since LaLiga reverted to three points for a win after the draw against Alavés.
Barcelona have equalled their worst tally of LaLiga points after six games since the competition reverted to three points for a win. Ronald Koeman's side drew 1-1 with Alavés on Saturday, meaning they have just eight points so far in the early stages of the 2020-21 season.
That is the same total as Barça managed at the start of the 2002-03 campaign when another Dutchman, Louis van Gaal, was in charge. The Blaugranas are currently languishing in 12th place – already eight points behind LaLiga leaders and reigning champions Real Madrid.
7 - Alaves’ Fernando Pacheco has made seven saves against Barcelona, becoming in the goalkeeper to do it the most times in a single LaLiga game this season. Wall. pic.twitter.com/ZxFhz19KyO— OptaJose (@OptaJose) October 31, 2020
It has also been a difficult start to the campaign for Lionel Messi too, as he has now gone 877 minutes without scoring in open play. The Argentina international's last goal from open-play came against Napoli in the Champions League back in August, although he has scored three penalties and one free-kick since then.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- NFL Roethlisberger to stay with Steelers for 2021 after agreeing new deal
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: what's the deadline for the Senate vote?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks What are automatic stimulus checks and will they become a reality?
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return 2021: how to calculate what you pay with income brackets and rates
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax credit for child care: how much it is per child and family?