Barcelona equal their worst LaLiga start and Messi's goal drought continues
Ronald Koeman's Barça have made the club's joint-worst start to a season since LaLiga reverted to three points for a win after the draw against Alavés.
Barcelona have equalled their worst tally of LaLiga points after six games since the competition reverted to three points for a win. Ronald Koeman's side drew 1-1 with Alavés on Saturday, meaning they have just eight points so far in the early stages of the 2020-21 season.
That is the same total as Barça managed at the start of the 2002-03 campaign when another Dutchman, Louis van Gaal, was in charge. The Blaugranas are currently languishing in 12th place – already eight points behind LaLiga leaders and reigning champions Real Madrid.
7 - Alaves’ Fernando Pacheco has made seven saves against Barcelona, becoming in the goalkeeper to do it the most times in a single LaLiga game this season. Wall. pic.twitter.com/ZxFhz19KyO— OptaJose (@OptaJose) October 31, 2020
It has also been a difficult start to the campaign for Lionel Messi too, as he has now gone 877 minutes without scoring in open play. The Argentina international's last goal from open-play came against Napoli in the Champions League back in August, although he has scored three penalties and one free-kick since then.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos at NFL Draft 2021: Which players could they pick?
- UFC Dana White wants UFC to return to Mexico
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN IRS $3,000 child tax credit: when will the monthly payments begin?
- EARTH DAY 2021 What is the Earth Day and why it's celebrated today?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the IRS send supplemental payments to 2020 tax filers?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: what entities are pressuring Biden to make a new payment?