Ten Hag's Ajax equal Cruyff's Eredivisie record
Ajax overturned an early deficit to thrash Fortuna Sittard 5-2 on Saturday.
Erik ten Hag's Ajax matched Johan Cruyff's Dutch league record with Saturday's 5-2 win over lowly Fortuna Sittard.
Ajax took their tally to 250 goals in 82 Eredivisie matches under head coach Ten Hag after overturning an early deficit against bottom side Fortuna in Amsterdam. It is only the second time an top flight team has scored at least 250 goals in their first 82 games under a specific manager after Cruyff's Ajax in 1987, per Opta.
Ten Hag took charge of Ajax in 2017 and the 50-year-old has guided the Dutch giants to success in the Eredivisie, KNVB Cup and Johan Cruyff Shield, while he oversaw the club's memorable run to the 2018-19 Champions League semi-final.
250 - Ajax have scored 250 goals in 82 Eredivisie games under Erik Ten Hag, it’s only the second time an Eredivisie team managed to score at least 250 goals in their first 82 games under a specific manager, after Johan Cruijff with Ajax in 1987. Illustrious. pic.twitter.com/bIo55vpWLE— OptaJohan (@OptaJohan) October 31, 2020
Ajax midfielder Davy Klaassen scored a first-half brace to cancel out George Cox's seventh-minute opener on Saturday. Brian Brobbey, Dusan Tadic and Quincy Promes were also on target for hosts Ajax, who are top of the table on goal difference through seven matches.
At 18 years and 173 days, Brobbey became the youngest player to score a goal on his Eredivisie debut for Ajax since Jairo Riedewald (17 years and 104 days) in December 2013.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- NFL Roethlisberger to stay with Steelers for 2021 after agreeing new deal
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: what's the deadline for the Senate vote?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks What are automatic stimulus checks and will they become a reality?
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return 2021: how to calculate what you pay with income brackets and rates
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax credit for child care: how much it is per child and family?