Man City consider pre-contract offer for Messi in January
According to The Telegraph, Manchester City will have the opportunity to talk with Lionel Messi over a potential move to the Premier League as early as January.
According to The Telegraph, Manchester City will have the chance to offer Lionel Messi a pre-contract in January 2021.
City were linked with a move for Messi over the summer after the Argentine had told Barcelona that he wanted to leave the club. In the end, he was persuaded to stay though his Nou Camp contract expires at the end of the current campaign.
City boss Pep Guardiola previously worked with Messi at Barça and is believed to be keen to do so again. Mike McGrath, of The Telegraph, claims that City will have the chance to talk with the 33-year-old over a potential move as early as January. It has been reported that Messi is in no rush to talk about his future and will wait until the future of the new Barcelona board is resolved.
Messi has been at Barça since the age of 13, but in an interview with Goal earlier this year, he expressed his desire to leave the Catalan club. Barcelona have started the 2020/21 LaLiga with just eight points from a possible 18, and new boss Ronald Koeman is aiming to turn things around quickly at Cam Nou.
Te recomendamos en English
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS unemployment refund update: how to track and check its state
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS How filing a tax return could help you get third stimulus check plus-up payments
- PERSONAL FINANCE Who qualifies for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) in California?
- Serie A Pirlo: Cristiano Ronaldo happy to be substituted
- REAL MADRID Zidane to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández scores his seventh goal of the season in MLS