Fresh concerns over Hazard
The Belgian player was substituted in the 64th minute of the Champions League win over Inter shortly after taking a knock to the left ankle.
Real Madrid managed to secure maximum points in their key UEFA Champions League tie against Inter Milan last night at Valdebebas. Despite being outplayed for spells of the game, a late Rodrygo strike was enough to secure the win after an assist from compatriot Vinicius Jr.
Eden Hazard started for Zidane's side last night after his goal at the weekend in the league game against Huesca but looked far from his best as he looks to recover full levels of fitness.
Hazard was heavily marked all evening by the men in black and blue and the Belgian was the most fouled Real Madrid player on the night with the last of these coming in the 50th minute by Brozovic. This challenge prompted the winger to receive icing on the ankle as he sat on the bench following the rigorous challenge from the Inter man. Fortunately for Madrid, it was the (non operated on) left ankle that suffered the bulk of the impact with the icing of a knock or muscular problem standard procedure. Whilst it's not considered that this knock will rule the Belgian out of the weekend LaLiga game (vs. Valencia), it's clear for all to see that the Belgian player is still struggling and well off his best.
During his time on the pitch, Hazard completed 27 passes with six unsuccessful, he recovered four balls and created one scoring chance with the Belgian on the ball on 44 occasions during his time on the Valdebebas field.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Mason to take charge of Spurs until end of season
- FOOTBALL FIFA and Infantino 'strongly disapprove' of breakaway competition
- NBA Heat Check: Curry serves up points aplenty, Herro goes cold in Miami
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- ALFREDO RELAÑO UEFA and the European Super League bare their teeth
- FOOTBALL Bayern Munich eye France midfielder Camavinga