Relief for Real Madrid as Hazard avoids another injury
Concerns were raised after Eden Hazard limped off against Inter on Tuesday, but fortunately the Belgian striker will be available for Valencia this weekend.
Hazard had to be taken off in the 64th minute after he picked up a knock to his left ankle following a challenge by Inter midfielder Marcelo Brozovic.
The images of Hazard on the lying grass clearly in pain, before limping off and then applying ice to his leg, were undoubtedly distressing for Madrid fans. But the good news emerging from Real Madrid’s Valdebebas training ground this that the 29-year-old has avoided a new injury.
Hazard will be available for Valencia
As AS has learned, Madrid’s medical staff have concluded that Hazard has no major damage following his knock in the Inter game.
In fact, the former Chelsea player managed to participate in the first part of Wednesday’s training session before taking part in a recovery session with the rest of the starters against Inter. Hazard will therefore be available for Sunday’s clash against Valencia.
The news will come as a big relief to coach Zinedine Zidane, who, in light of Hazard’s recent turbulent medical history, was very concerned about his star forward on Tuesday night.
But the French coach will now have his preferred attacking trio of Hazard, Karim Benzema and Marco Asensio available for the trip to Valencia.
As such, the Belgian winger will be able continue to regain his rhythm following starts against Mönchengladbach, Huesca (where he managed to scored a great goal) and Inter after he had missed the first eight games of the season due to injury.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Super Bowl LV 2021: how many tickets are available for Buccaneers & Chiefs fans?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: what pandemic travel restrictions will Biden impose?
- US NEWS What has Biden said about the Pentagon banning transgender people in the military?
- NFL Tom Brady vs Patrick Mahomes: how many times have they faced each other?
- SUPER BOWL LV How many Super Bowls have the Buccaneers played and won?
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it