Real Madrid optimistic of landing Haaland in 2022
Real Madrid are in a strong position to sign the Norwegian striker who has a verbal agreement in place with Dortmund for a 2022 exit.
In-form Erling Haaland scored twice as Borussia Dortmund surged to the top of their Champions League Group F with a comfortable 3-0 victory over hosts Club Brugge on Wednesday.
Haaland missed the weekend Bundesliga victory at Arminia Bielefeld with a knee injury, but showed no ill-effects as all his predatory instincts were on display to take his goals tally at Dortmund to 26 in 28 games since he joined the club in January.
Real Madrid have been monitoring the fortunes of the Norwegian striker for some time now and are convinced that he is the attacking player they need to reinforce the side. Madrid have a star studded wish-list currently in place, hoping to secure the services of both Kylian Mbappé and Rennes' Camavinga next summer with Haaland a 2022 target.
Despite competition from other major European club's also interested in the Norwegian forward, Real Madrid and AS have established that the rumoured 75 million release clause does not, in fact exist. What does exist is a 'gentleman's agreement' between the player, representative Mino Raiola and Borussia Dortmund which will let the player leave in 2022 if he so wishes with no fixed price currently attached to this possible departure with a fee having to be agreed at the time.
Despite the relationship between Raiola and Madrid president Florentino Pérez being somewhat tense, the agent does enjoy a cordial association with Madrid's second-in-command José Ángel Sánchez. Madrid also feel that the presence of Martin Odegaard at the Bernabéu is another positive in their attempts to lure Haaland to the Spanish capital with both player's close friends.
Real Madrid are also optimistic that the solid professional ties between BVB CEO Hans Joaquim Watzke and Florentino Pérez will be another factor in facilitating an exit from Dortmund in 2022 with recent loan moves for the likes of Achraf and more recently Reinier cementing a solid working relationship between the German and Spanish outfits.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: can I get it if I also received the third stimulus check?
- US NEWS Lyrids meteor shower 2021: dates, times and how to see in the US
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Is it possible to use the money from the stimulus check to pay the rent or the mortgage?
- CORONAVIRUS US Coronavirus US: is a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine necessary?
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?