Héctor Bellerín handed Spain call-up in place of Jesús Navas
Héctor Bellerín has been called into Luis Enrique's Spain squad for their upcoming friendly and UEFA Nations League games in place of the injured Jesús Navas.
Héctor Bellerín and Marco Asensio have been called into Spain's squad for this month's international fixtures as injury replacements.
Arsenal right-back Bellerín earns a first call-up for four years after Sevilla captain Jesús Navas was substituted due to an injury at half-time during his club's 1-0 win over Osasuna.
Luis Enrique's side face a friendly against the Netherlands before Nations League matches against Switzerland and Germany.
Real Madrid forward Asensio comes into the reckoning in place of Barcelona teenager Ansu Fati.
Like Navas, Fati only managed the first 45 matches of a LaLiga match at the weekend, making way for Lionel Messi in Barcelona's 5-2 triumph over Real Betis.
The Catalan giants later confirmed the forward has suffered a torn meniscus in his left knee, with a decision over treatment options to be made over the coming days.
ULTIMA HORA | El jugador del @Arsenal @HectorBellerin sustituye a @JNavas en la lista de la @SeFutbol.— Selección Española de Fútbol (@SeFutbol) November 7, 2020
El lateral diestro internacional regresa al combinado nacional tras la lesión del capitán del @SevillaFC.#SomosEspaña #SomosFederación pic.twitter.com/GSoNlaI8SS
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?