Arsenal's Partey set for scan on suspected thigh injury
Arsenal's Thomas Partey is a fitness concern for Ghana's Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers with Sudan due to a suspected thigh injury.
Arsenal midfielder Thomas Partey will have a scan on a suspected thigh injury which has left him doubtful for international duty with Ghana.
Partey was withdrawn at half-time of Arsenal's shock 3-0 Premier League defeat to Aston Villa on Sunday.
The 27-year-old made 36 passes in the first half with an accuracy of 80.6 per cent and had a shot on target – one of only two Arsenal had in the entire match.
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta confirmed the decision to take off Partey, who joined the Gunners from Atletico Madrid in the last transfer window, was due to injury rather than tactical reasons.
Partey was seen holding his left thigh shortly before the break and was replaced by Dani Ceballos.
9 - Arsenal have scored just nine goals in eight Premier League games this season; their fewest at this stage of a league campaign since 1998-99 (also nine). Impotent. pic.twitter.com/G4BZYqajgV— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) November 8, 2020
Arsenal's Partey was due to join up with Ghana this week for their home-and-away qualifiers against Sudan in the Africa Cup of Nations on November 12 and 17.
Partey could stay in London for international break
"We don't know [the extent] of it," Arteta told a media conference after the match.
"We have to scan him on Monday or the day after and see what he felt straight away. Let's wait and see what the magnitude of the injury is.
"I don't know [if he will go away with Ghana now]. As I said, the doctor will have to have a look at him and probably scan him. Then we will decide what to do with him."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 stimulus check updates today: third payment, dates, eligibility, Biden, negotiation, live
- CORONAVIRUS Third stimulus check update: $1,400 payment in Biden relief proposal
- REAL MADRID UK media suggest Bale set for Madrid return next season
- CLUB WORLD CUP Auckland City withdraw from Club World Cup over covid measures
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why do Manchester United get so many penalties? Rashford points to Mourinho advice
- NBA Why is Kyrie Irivng currently absent from the Brooklyn Nets?