Arsenal's Partey set for scan on suspected thigh injury
Arsenal's Thomas Partey is a fitness concern for Ghana's Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers with Sudan due to a suspected thigh injury.
Arsenal midfielder Thomas Partey will have a scan on a suspected thigh injury which has left him doubtful for international duty with Ghana.
Partey was withdrawn at half-time of Arsenal's shock 3-0 Premier League defeat to Aston Villa on Sunday.
The 27-year-old made 36 passes in the first half with an accuracy of 80.6 per cent and had a shot on target – one of only two Arsenal had in the entire match.
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta confirmed the decision to take off Partey, who joined the Gunners from Atletico Madrid in the last transfer window, was due to injury rather than tactical reasons.
Partey was seen holding his left thigh shortly before the break and was replaced by Dani Ceballos.
9 - Arsenal have scored just nine goals in eight Premier League games this season; their fewest at this stage of a league campaign since 1998-99 (also nine). Impotent. pic.twitter.com/G4BZYqajgV— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) November 8, 2020
Arsenal's Partey was due to join up with Ghana this week for their home-and-away qualifiers against Sudan in the Africa Cup of Nations on November 12 and 17.
Partey could stay in London for international break
"We don't know [the extent] of it," Arteta told a media conference after the match.
"We have to scan him on Monday or the day after and see what he felt straight away. Let's wait and see what the magnitude of the injury is.
"I don't know [if he will go away with Ghana now]. As I said, the doctor will have to have a look at him and probably scan him. Then we will decide what to do with him."
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United