Mido: Riyadh Mahrez is better than Bernardo Silva
The former Egyptian striker thinks that Man City can benefit more from the Algerian star on the right flank than the Portuguese winger.
The former Egyptian striker and current TV presenter Ahmed Hossam Mido questioned Pep Guardiola's decision not to play Riyadh Mahrez in the Citizens' game against Liverpool in the eighth week of the English Premier League which ended in a 1-1 draw.
Mido took to Twitter to share his point of view following the game as he posted: "City were better and created more chances but I can't understand why Riyadh Mahrez didn't play.
"Mahrez is better than Bernardo Silva in this position, he creates chances for himself and causes trouble for any defense."
Mido's take on Liverpool
Mido also gave his thoughts about Jürgen Klopp's team performance during the fixture pointing out that changing the tactic didn't help the team take control of the game.
"Klopp decided to change his plan in a big game against an opponent who knows how to play between lines which created tactical problems for the due Wijnaldum and Henderson."
Matip and Gomez can't be playing for Liverpool
Mido went on to harshly criticise the Reds defensive duo as stating they are not qualified enough to be playing for Liverpool.
"Van Dijk's injury is a disaster, I don't know how Joel Matip and Jo Gomez are playing for such a big team like Liverpool. Both are unconfident on the levels of building an attack and defensive positioning."
Mido played in Europe for numerous teams with one of his best spells was when he played for Tottenham in the Premier League. Pep Guardiola and Jürgen Klopp are clearly new managers on the block with lots to learn from him.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Negotiations taking place over moving Champions League final to the UK
- Coronavirus Why do vaccines make you feel ill?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket: where it fell, in what country and what happened to remains of the Long March 5B
- LATEST NEWS Times Square shooting: what happened and who was shot?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket Long March 5B: why was it out of control and falling?