Real Madrid: Fede Valverde out after confirmed leg fracture
Real Madrid and Uruguay midfielder Federico Valverde is set for a spell on the sidelines after he sustained a fracture in his right leg.
Real Madrid midfielder Federico Valverde is set for a spell on the sidelines after the club confirmed he has suffered a fracture in his right leg.
'Pajarito' Valverde unable to fly for a while
Valverde featured in Madrid's 4-1 defeat to Valencia in LaLiga on Sunday before he was replaced by Toni Kroos in the 76th minute.
2 - Raphaël Varane has scored two own goals in his last five games for Real Madrid in all competitions, as many as he had in his previous 324 matches (2). Misfortune. pic.twitter.com/inSTWb9oii— OptaJose (@OptaJose) November 8, 2020
A medical bulletin issued by Madrid on Monday did not give an indication of when head coach Zinedine Zidane expected to have the player available again.
The statement said: "Following tests carried out on our player, Federico Valverde, by Real Madrid medical services, he has been diagnosed with a fracture in the posterior tibial bone in his right leg.
"His recovery will continue to be assessed."
However, the 22-year-old Uruguay international is set to miss his country's forthcoming World Cup qualifiers with Colombia on November 13 and against Brazil four days later.
Valverde has made 11 appearances for Madrid in all competitions this season and scored three goals.
Madrid's next game is away to Villarreal in LaLiga on November 21.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move