Real Madrid: Fede Valverde out after confirmed leg fracture
Real Madrid and Uruguay midfielder Federico Valverde is set for a spell on the sidelines after he sustained a fracture in his right leg.
Real Madrid midfielder Federico Valverde is set for a spell on the sidelines after the club confirmed he has suffered a fracture in his right leg.
'Pajarito' Valverde unable to fly for a while
Valverde featured in Madrid's 4-1 defeat to Valencia in LaLiga on Sunday before he was replaced by Toni Kroos in the 76th minute.
2 - Raphaël Varane has scored two own goals in his last five games for Real Madrid in all competitions, as many as he had in his previous 324 matches (2). Misfortune. pic.twitter.com/inSTWb9oii— OptaJose (@OptaJose) November 8, 2020
A medical bulletin issued by Madrid on Monday did not give an indication of when head coach Zinedine Zidane expected to have the player available again.
The statement said: "Following tests carried out on our player, Federico Valverde, by Real Madrid medical services, he has been diagnosed with a fracture in the posterior tibial bone in his right leg.
"His recovery will continue to be assessed."
However, the 22-year-old Uruguay international is set to miss his country's forthcoming World Cup qualifiers with Colombia on November 13 and against Brazil four days later.
Valverde has made 11 appearances for Madrid in all competitions this season and scored three goals.
Madrid's next game is away to Villarreal in LaLiga on November 21.
Te recomendamos en English
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How many people are getting an unemployment tax break refund?
- 2021 TAX REFUND $10,200 unemployment tax break refund: how to know if I will get it
- ENTERTAINMENT Who was Halston and when and how did he die?
- Boxing What weight class did Floyd Mayweather fight in during his professional career?
- US NEWS Who is Elise Stefanik, Liz Cheney's replacement in Republican Party leadership?
- NBA NBA Play-In 2021: which players and coaches are in favor of the new format?