Toni Kroos: "We're just puppets for UEFA and FIFA"
The Germany and Real Madrid player was speaking on the Einfach mal Luppen podcast offering his views on the proposed European Super League and new FIFA Club World Cup competition.
Toni Kroos is well known for having frank views on a number of subjects and is particularly vocal on the welfare of football players and governing institutions. The German player was asked for his views on the proposed European Super League and novel competitions such as UEFA's Nations League and explained that he is tired that player's opinions are never canvassed ahead of these initiatives.
"It's clear with these new invented competitions, we're simply puppets for both FIFA and UEFA. New competitions are devised such as the Nations League or the expansion of the Club World Cup to maximise profit and in doing so it's simply pushing players to new physical limits", admitted the midfielder speaking on the Einfach mal Luppen podcast.
Kroos also offered his view on the proposed European Super League and was against a competition for only the elite clubs which he felt goes against the spirit of the game and is worried that it would open up even further the gulf between a handful of clubs and the rest. "Sometimes it's best to leave things as they are", commented the Real Madrid player.
Te recomendamos en English
- DIEGO MARADONA Maradona's inheritance: the fortune includes houses and cars
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Barcelona go for five in a row, Ronaldo after another record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho optimistic over Kane return for Arsenal
- ARSENAL Arteta confident goals will come for Arsenal
- US NEWS US Elections: Georgia elections official tells Trump to stop inspiring violence
- US congress What has Congress said about the government shutdown deadline?