Neymar on verge of signing five-year PSG deal
According to ESPN, Neymar has decided to extend his deal at the Parc des Princes and is set to pen a new contract tying him to PSG until 2027.
Paris Saint-Germain have been working on renewing the contracts of key players including Neymar, Kylian Mbappé, Julian Draxler and Ángel di María and on Wednesday the Ligue 1 champions apparently reached an agreement with the Brazil forward to keep him at the club for a further five years.
According to ESPN, Neymar has decided to commit his future to PSG after years of speculation that he would eventually return to Barcelona. However, the Camp Nou’s economic and institutional crisis has altered the Brazilian’s thinking and a run to the Champions League final last season after his former employers were trounced 8-2 by Bayern Munich may also have swayed the 28-year-old.
Neymar to commit long-term to PSG but wants Mbappé assurance
Neymar’s current contract at the Parc des Princes expires in 2022 and although there have been no formal contacts between the club and the forward it is expected that a renewal is now a formality and will be tied up in the next few weeks. The only surprise surrounding the deal is its length – a five-year extension would keep Neymar in Paris until 2027, when he will be 35.
There is some fine print to get through before Neymar puts pen to paper, but it does not concern money. The Brazilian is expected to remain on the same salary he has been paid for the last three years but he does want some reassurances that PSG are going to invest in the squad. Prime among these is that Kylian Mbappé, with whom he has struck up a prolific partnership, is persuaded to remain at the club but Neymar also wants new faces to be brought in to launch a sustained assault on the Champions League after PSG were beaten in the final last season by Bayern.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Happy Mother’s Day: Quotes, memes, messages, and more to help celebrate
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?