Salah targets historic spot among Egypt's all-time goalscorers
The Liverpool star could become Egypt's second-highest goalscorer during the two upcoming fixtures against Togo scheduled for 14 and 17 November.
Mohamed Salah has a new goal on the horizon during Egypt's double-header against Togo in Africa Cup of Nations qualifying, as he is only one goal away from equalling legendary striker Hassan Al-Shazly's tally and becoming the second-highest scorer in the history of the Egyptian national team.
Hassan leads Egypt scoring charts with 76 goals
Salah has scored 43 goals so far, only one goal behind Al-Shazly, who scored 44 for the Pharaohs, and the Liverpool forward is well placed to surpass this number during the upcoming AFCON qualifiers. Egypt's top scorer of all time is national-team great Hossam Hassan, who netted 76 times.
Salah made his debut with the national team back in September 2011 against Sierra Leone and scored his first goal in a 3-0 victory over Niger the following month.
The winger found the back of the net twice at the 2018 World Cup and has scored 11 goals in qualifiers for the tournament. Meanwhile, he has 14 in Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers and four in the competition itself, and has hit 12 goals during friendly games.
The all-time top goalscorers of the Egyptian national team
Behind Hassan, Al-Shazly and Salah, El-Sayed El-Dhizui is fourth with 39 goals and Al-Ahly legend Mohammed Aboutrika is in fifth place with 38.
Te recomendamos en English
- USWNT vs Colombia USWNT vs Colombia: women’s soccer, friendly match
- UFC What was outcome of the last Conor McGregor UFC fight?
- LALIGA Alavés vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- UFC UFC 257: McGregor "raring to go" as he and Poirier make weight
- NFL What are Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady records? Super Bowl appearances, titles, completions...
- NFL Which team has played more NFL conference finals?