Al-Nassr to make fresh attempt to sign Alejandro Gómez - report
Al-Nassr are to make another offer to sign Atalanta star Alejandro Gómez, who previously rejected an offer from the Saudi Arabian side.
Saudi Arabian outfit Al-Nassr are adamant they can still sign Atalanta's Alejandro Darío Gómez, known as Papu Gómez, who turned down an offer from the club during the previous transfer window.
The "Kooora" website has revealed that a trusted source inside the Saudi club stated: "The club's board is willing to propose a new offer to secure the services of Alejandro Gómez in the winter transfer window".
"During the summer transfer window, the club took steps to sign Atalanta's captain. The club was close to closing the deal, but some things happened that made the player step back," the source said.
Al-Nassr are to make the player another offer in winter
He added, "The club's board will move again to sign the player in the winter transfer window, with talks expected to begin in the coming days."
Papu had earlier rejected Al-Nassr's offer after his club made it to the Champions League for the second year in a row. Al-Nassr offered Atalatnta €15m for the services of the 32-year-old Argentine international, while the player was offered a two-year contract with a salary worth €7.5m per season. Gómez has been in Atalanta's ranks since 2014 and his contract runs out in June 2022.
Fresh from being knocked out by Iranians Persepolis in the AFC Champions League semi-finals, Al-Nassr have had a very disappointing start to the current campaign in the Saudi Arabian professional league, as they have only won one game out of their first four fixtures and currently lie in 13th place.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liverpool Klopp: Mbappe, Haaland will think twice if Liverpool can't offer Champions League football
- CSL Chinese Super League counts the cost of the boom years
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid, Liverpool and Juve keen on Lyon's Houssem Aouar
- NBA NBA All-Star weekend: who were the Hall of Famers in 2020?
- CORONAVIRUS Biden criticises “Neanderthal” decision to remove mask mandates
- COPA DEL REY Barcelona vs Sevilla: result, summary and goals