Pandev seals historic Euro 2020 spot for North Macedonia
Goran Pandev's goal secured North Macedonia's place at Euro 2020 at the expense of Georgia on a historic night in Tbilisi.
North Macedonia qualified for Euro 2020 with an historic 1-0 victory over Georgia in Thursday's play-off match in Tbilisi.
Both sides were looking to reach the finals for the first time and join Netherlands, Ukraine and Austria in Group C.
It was visiting captain Goran Pandev whose goal settled a tense contest in the Georgian capital, in which there were just four shots on target throughout.
The Genoa forward struck after 56 minutes, prodding in from Ilija Nestorovski's pass after a fine run from Eljif Elmas.
Pandev, who will turn 38 shortly after next year's finals conclude, has scored a record 36 times in 114 games for his country.
Georgia, who had lost just once in 13 previous home games, failed to threaten Stole Dimitrievski's goal thereafter as North Macedonia reached their first major tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move