Brazil's Neymar to return to PSG as Kean released from Italy squad
Having been ruled out of Brazil's World Cup qualifiers as he deals with a groin issue, Neymar will be heading back to France.
Neymar will return to France to continue his recovery from a groin injury and club-mate Moise Kean has been released by Italy, Paris Saint-Germain have announced.
Neymar not over groin issue in time to play for Brazil
Neymar was called up by Brazil for the 2022 World Cup qualifiers against Venezuela and Uruguay despite missing PSG's previous three matches.
However, the former Barcelona forward will not recover in time to feature for his country during this month's international break, Brazil unwilling to take any risks with his fitness.
PSG confirmed on Friday that Neymar is to head back to the French capital as part of the "trust and collaboration" between the staff at the Ligue 1 champions and the Seleção.
Communiqué du club— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_inside) November 13, 2020
Kean reportedly suffering from muscle problem
Meanwhile, Kean is already back amid reports in the Italian media he is dealing with a muscle issue.
The striker, who has scored five goals in seven appearances since his arrival on loan from Everton, will miss Italy's upcoming Nations League games against Poland and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
PSG are back in action on 20 November, taking on Monaco in the league. They then host RB Leipzig four days later in the Champions League, having lost the reverse fixture in Germany.
Te recomendamos en English
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- BARCELONA 0-0 ATLÉTICO Piqué: "We're still alive, from now on, anything could happen"
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?