Brazil's Neymar to return to PSG as Kean released from Italy squad
Having been ruled out of Brazil's World Cup qualifiers as he deals with a groin issue, Neymar will be heading back to France.
Neymar will return to France to continue his recovery from a groin injury and club-mate Moise Kean has been released by Italy, Paris Saint-Germain have announced.
Neymar not over groin issue in time to play for Brazil
Neymar was called up by Brazil for the 2022 World Cup qualifiers against Venezuela and Uruguay despite missing PSG's previous three matches.
However, the former Barcelona forward will not recover in time to feature for his country during this month's international break, Brazil unwilling to take any risks with his fitness.
PSG confirmed on Friday that Neymar is to head back to the French capital as part of the "trust and collaboration" between the staff at the Ligue 1 champions and the Seleção.
Communiqué du club— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_inside) November 13, 2020
Kean reportedly suffering from muscle problem
Meanwhile, Kean is already back amid reports in the Italian media he is dealing with a muscle issue.
The striker, who has scored five goals in seven appearances since his arrival on loan from Everton, will miss Italy's upcoming Nations League games against Poland and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
PSG are back in action on 20 November, taking on Monaco in the league. They then host RB Leipzig four days later in the Champions League, having lost the reverse fixture in Germany.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check today: when to expect, Biden relief plan and IRS payment | Live updates
- NBA Kobe Bryant death anniversary: what tributes and memories have been shared?
- NBA Kobe Bryant death anniversary: what's known about the helicopter crash?
- REAL MADRID Sales and loan deals see Madrid generate €102M for Mbappé
- FOOTBALL 'Daniel Agger' arrested in Moscow protests
- SERIE A Ibrahimovic close to goals milestone ahead of Milan derby