Werner double seals Germany comeback victory over Ukraine
Timo Werner scored either side of the break to steer Germany from behind to a 3-1 victory over Ukraine in their Nations League match on Saturday to top their group with a game left to play.
The Chelsea striker scored twice after Leroy Sané had cancelled out a surprise 12th minute lead by the visitors.
The Germans, in the midst of an overhaul following their 2018 World Cup first round exit, are now top of Group A4 on nine points, one ahead of Spain whom they face on Tuesday. The top team qualifies for the final stage of the competition.
Ukraine, who had four players, including top striker Andriy Yarmolenko, ruled out after testing positive for covid-19 on the eve of the game, are third on six points.
Te recomendamos en English
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- BARCELONA 0-0 ATLÉTICO Piqué: "We're still alive, from now on, anything could happen"
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?