Werner double seals Germany comeback victory over Ukraine
Timo Werner scored either side of the break to steer Germany from behind to a 3-1 victory over Ukraine in their Nations League match on Saturday to top their group with a game left to play.
The Chelsea striker scored twice after Leroy Sané had cancelled out a surprise 12th minute lead by the visitors.
The Germans, in the midst of an overhaul following their 2018 World Cup first round exit, are now top of Group A4 on nine points, one ahead of Spain whom they face on Tuesday. The top team qualifies for the final stage of the competition.
Ukraine, who had four players, including top striker Andriy Yarmolenko, ruled out after testing positive for covid-19 on the eve of the game, are third on six points.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Super Bowl LV 2021: how many tickets are available for Buccaneers & Chiefs fans?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: what pandemic travel restrictions will Biden impose?
- US NEWS What has Biden said about the Pentagon banning transgender people in the military?
- NFL Tom Brady vs Patrick Mahomes: how many times have they faced each other?
- SUPER BOWL LV How many Super Bowls have the Buccaneers played and won?
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it