"Getting rid of Suárez and playing with Griezmann instead is crazy"
Antonio Cassano spoke as part of an Instagram live chat with Christian 'Bobo' Vieri adding that the Uruguayan scored "350 goals in six years and I don't know why they let him go".
Antonio Cassano was one of the guests on 'Bobo TV', Christian Vieri's Instagram channel where he interviews former team-mates and footballers on general with Cassano one of the recent guests where the former Italian international analysed recent developments at FC Barcelona. "Luis Suárez too old? In my view it was a crazy idea to let him leave Barcelona. He scored 350 goals in six years and I don't understand why they let him go. And they go and use Griezmann as a central striker...".
The former Real Madrid man was full of praise for Lionel Messi and rated him higher than Diego Maradona: "Messi has bagged 70 goals in an Argentina shirt and Maradona managed just 30... Messi has always played alongside fine strikers for the national side but has been let down by poor keepers and defenders".
Cassano who officially retired from the game in 2018 also revealed an anecdote about Real Sociedad manager Imanol Alguacil: "Some four months ago, I alerted the sporting director at Inter, Ausilio to keep an eye on him and time has proven me right. He has fresh ideas and a strong personality and these coaches are not easy to come by".
Te recomendamos en English
- DONALD TRUMP Trump lands in Florida: what will he do next?
- Olympic Games Japan accepts Olympic Games will be cancelled
- CORNELLÀ 0-2 BARCELONA Koeman: "No Barça player should miss two penalties in the same match"
- US NEWS Amazon offer to help Biden administration with Covid-19 vaccine distribution
- FORTNITE Predator in Fortnite: where to find him and how to get his skin in Season 5
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates: Biden plan, when could it arrive