Haaland's role in a potential Madrid Szoboszlai signing
The Hungarian player is on Real Madrid's radar and was on his way to Milan before the Haaland move to Dortmund put the move on hold.
Real Madrid picked up on the trail of Hungarian Dominik Szoboszlai thanks in part to their monitoring of Erling Haaland. The sale of the Norwegian striker last January put the brakes on Szoboszlai moving to AC Milan where a deal was almost complete with a deal with the Serie A side having put him somewhat out of reach for other would-be-suitors with the likes of Arsenal, Bayern also monitoring the 20 year olds progression.
Milan's Boban was in Salzburg poised to close the deal some four days before the closure of the winter transfer market but in the eleventh hour, Red Bull decided that a better line of business would be selling Haaland to Dortmund. Milan were also reluctant to pay the 20 million euro buy-out clause for the Hungarian which may have been a key factor in Salzburg's decision to activate the Haaland deal.
Both players are close friends and on numerous occasion the Hungarian has confessed on how much he misses the Norwegian striker at the Austrian Bundesliga side.
Real Madrid's plans for 2022 are to reunite both players at a newly revamped Santiago Bernabeu stadium despite Milan's ongoing interest in acquiring Szoboszlai.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Can you drink alcohol after taking a covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPICS 100 days until Tokyo games: Spitz urges Olympics to allow 'rightful opportunity to speak out'
- OLYMPICS Dibaba: Olympics would be "more comfortable" if athletes were vaccinated before Tokyo
- MLB MLB round-up: Dream start to MLB career continues for Baddoo, Giolioto-Bieber will be one to watch for years
- US POLICING Former Minnesota police officer to be charged with manslaughter for the killing of Daunte Wright
- VACCINE NEWS What is a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis? Blood clot symptons and causes