Barcelona's Pedri thanks Real Madrid for not signing him
Now at Barcelona, Pedri was thankful to Real Madrid for turning him down before making his dream move to Camp Nou.
Pedri thanked Real Madrid for not signing him, saying he was where he wanted to be at Barcelona.
The 17-year-old joined the LaLiga giants from Las Palmas in July, and has scored twice in 10 appearances for Barca this season.
But it could have been different for the teenager, who was turned down by Madrid after a trial.
Pedri, a Spain youth international, said he was glad to be rejected by Barça's rivals.
"I went to test with Real Madrid but they told me I didn't have the level," he told Cadena SER on Monday.
"I thank the one who told me I was not worth it, now I am in the team that I have always loved."
Barcelona sit eighth in the LaLiga table, nine points behind leaders Real Sociedad, although they have played two fewer games.
Pedri, who has made three league starts this season, is enjoying the opportunity of playing with six-time Ballon d'Or winner Lionel Messi.
"Of course I dreamed of playing with Messi, like many children," he said.
Barcelona are next in action with a trip to Atlético Madrid on Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move