Atlético Madrid's Héctor Herrera ruled out of Barcelona game
Héctor Herrera has started five games for Atlético this season but will miss Saturday's visit from Barca after falling injured while on international duty.
Atlético Madrid have been dealt another setback ahead of this weekend's clash with Barcelona after it was confirmed that midfielder Héctor Herrera has sustained a Grade II injury to his left hamstring.
Diego Simeone's men are already set to be without Luis Suárez for Saturday's LaLiga game following his positive test for coronavirus while away on international duty with Uruguay. Atleti are sweating on the fitness of a number of other first-team players, including Diego Costa and Yannick Carrasco, and will definitely be without Herrera next weekend. The 30-year-old played no part in Mexico's 3-2 win over South Korea last week and was sent back to Madrid to undergo a scan.
Herrera out for a month
Atleti confirmed the extent of the injury on their official website on Tuesday, with Herrera now expected to miss around a month. He has featured eight times in all competitions for Atlético this season and started their last four games before the international break.
Herrera has averaged 85.18 passes per 90 minutes in his five LaLiga outings, which is behind only Toni Kroos (86.54) among players to have played at least five times this season. Kroos is also the only player to have averaged more touches (104 to 100) than Herrera, while no player has turned over possession more often (9.64) - Manu Garcia being next highest with 9.38.
Atlético take on Barcelona, Valencia and Real Valladolid in LaLiga over the next three weeks and also have Champions League games with Lokomotiv Moscow, Bayern Munich and Salzburg in that period.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Aubameyang out of hospital and feeling good after malaria diagnosis - Arteta
- FOOTBALL Pogba unable to explain 'strange' relationship with Mourinho
- NBA Warriors rookie Wiseman undergoes season-ending knee surgery
- TAX SEASON 2021 Why is my tax return still being processed?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, my turn...