Real Madrid concern as Ramos picks up hamstring injury
The Spain captain had to go off after 43 minutes in Tuesday's Nations League game against Germany. Varane was also substituted for France.
Bad news for Spain and Real Madrid. Sergio Ramos suffered a muscular injury and limped out of this evening's Nations League game against Germany. Just two minutes before the first half was due to end, the centre-back was sat clutching his right hamstring and had to be taken off.
Luis Enrique brought on Eric García to replace the captain but now it's a problem which Zidane must address, as he will struggle to fill the centre-back positions in Saturday's league game against Villarreal.
Ramos was left out of the starting XI for the friendly against the Netherlands, coming on for the last five minutes. But he played the full 90 minutes of the 1-1 draw against Switzerland when he missed two penalties. Against Germany, with Spain 3-0 ahead, he was forced off the pitch. While there has been no official word from the RFEF, it looks like Ramos suffered a muscular injury although he was able to make his own way back to the changing rooms.
Varane with twinges
It's another setback for Zidane. Militão remains unavailable and is unable to return to training while he recovers from coronavirus; Nacho has returned to training but isn't match-fit - his last game was the Clásico on 24 October when he fell injured. If Ramos is ruled out, which is looking likely, Zidane will have to field Varane at La Cerámica and for next week's trip to AC Milan even though he too is not 100%. Varane was subbed off in France's meeting with Sweden with Deschamps confirming that the defender has twinges...
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus Check: is it necessary to live in the US to be eligible for payment?
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?