Man City plotting Messi bid, Alaba Real Madrid's Plan B - rumour has it
Manchester City are reportedly eyeing a move for Barcelona captain Lionel Messi in 2021. Bayern Munich defender David Alaba is interested in a move to Spain.
Lionel Messi continues to dominate headlines. While Messi stayed at Camp Nou for the 2020/21 campaign, Manchester City are reportedly still trying to prise the superstar from Barcelona.
Top story – Messi targeted by City
Manchester City are expected to make a bid to sign Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi in January, according to The Sun. Messi was tipped to join Pep Guardiola's City after handing in a transfer request at the start of the season, however, he was forced into staying at Camp Nou.
City, though, have not given up on signing the six-time Ballon d'Or winner – who has also been linked to Paris Saint-Germain and Inter.
- What does the future hold for Sergio Ramos? The Real Madrid captain is out of contract at season's end, and the likes of Juventus, PSG and Manchester United have emerged as possible destinations. Should Ramos leave the Santiago Bernabéu, Diario AS claims Bayern Munich star David Alaba could arrive as a replacement at Madrid. Alaba is also wanted by Juve, Barcelona and City.
- Chelsea goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga is desperate for a loan move and is willing to take a pay cut to secure a short-term exit, reports The Sun.
- Eurosport says Chelsea are eyeing a future move for Borussia Dortmund sensation Jude Bellingham, who only swapped England for Germany at the start of the season. Bellingham is seen as an alternative to West Ham midfielder Declan Rice.
- Inter are keen to make head coach Antonio Conte happy by exchanging Christian Eriksen for PSG midfielder Leandro Paredes and swapping Matias Vecino for Napoli's Arkadiusz Milik in the New Year, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona's squad redesign needs to start taking shape now
- International football Zlatan facing possible FIFA ban over links to Malta betting firm
- Manchester United Solskjaer suggests Old Trafford banners to blame for home form
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Pfizer, Moderna and J&J/Janssen: who can get each, side effects, doses
- US Policing Why were no charges brought against the police officer who shot Jacob Blake?
- VACCINE NEWS What is a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis? Blood clot symptons and causes