Messi: "I'm a little tired of always being the problem for the club"
Lionel Messi's latest comments will once again put the spotlight on his relationship with Barcelona just when it seemed he was back in a good place.
Lionel Messi landed back in Barcelona unexpectedly hot under the collar after having put in a great performance for Argentina against Peru on Tuesday.
“I feel good," were the words of the Barcelona captain after the 2-0 win in Lima; which came just twenty four hours before the frustrated comments he made surrounded by a cloud of cameras and autograph hunters at Barcelona airport.
"The truth is that I'm a little tired of always being the problem for everything at the club,” said Messi – his candid comments taking the gathered reporters by surprise.
As with everything, it is difficult to interpret Messi and to know if his statements were directed towards a reporter who had asked him about Antoine Griezmann’s former agent Eric Olhats, who recently accused the Argentina captain for presiding over a "rein of terror at Barça" – or if his comments had to do with something that happened when the player landed.
The Messi-Barcelona relationship
“It’s crazy," Messi was captured saying before getting into a taxi outside the airport arrivals doors. Sources close to the Argentine striker say that he had been held at the airport for more than half an hour for customs checks, which could have been the trigger for his statements – a rare occurrence for a player who hardly ever speaks on his return from travel.
Messi’s comments will no doubt ruffle some feathers and once again put a spotlight on his relationship with the club after the player seemed to be in a good place following the victory against Betis and the international break.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Not time to panic, but LeBron's Lakers could use some help
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Why is Sen. Ron Johnson proving unpopular during the Senate stimulus check debate?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea and Liverpool heading in different directions after champions ruthlessly exposed
- LEBRON JAMES LeBron releases first sneak-peak photos of new Space Jam movie
- US NEWS Can I get the child tax credit or the child care tax credit, and what are the differences?
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check