PSG: Niko Kovac defends "great coach" Thomas Tuchel
Thomas Tuchel has become accustomed to questions over his future during his time at Paris Saint-Germain, but Niko Kovac believes they are unfair.
Niko Kovac has defended Thomas Tuchel amid seemingly constant speculation over the Paris Saint-Germain coach's future. PSG retained their Ligue 1 title last season and celebrated a domestic treble by lifting the Coupe de France and Coupe de la Ligue. They also won the Trophée des Champions last August, but fell agonisingly short of Champions League glory, losing to Bayern Munich in the final.
PSG, third in Group H
PSG are five points clear at the top of Ligue 1 10 matches into the 2020-21 season, but face a battle to qualify from Champions League Group H following defeats to Manchester United and RB Leipzig.
Tuchel's strained relationship with the Parisian giants' sporting director Leonardo has also led to further questions over the German's position, but Monaco boss Kovac – who endured similar attention during his time with Bayern Munich – does not believe he should be under such scrutiny.
"It's difficult. The coach is always responsible for everything. If you win, it's not because of you, and if you lose, it's your fault," Kovac said ahead of the Ligue 1 clash between Monaco and PSG on Friday. "From my point of view, it's too easy to always point the finger at the coach. I know Thomas is a great guy, a great coach. What more could he have done last season? He won four trophies and led his team to the Champions League final. He could only have done more if he had coached Bayern Munich and won five."
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Happy Mother’s Day: Quotes, memes, messages, and more to help celebrate
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?