Nations League: Final Four finalists, host nation, promoted and relegated teams
Italy and Belgium will join France and Spain to contest the Nations League trophy with the Final Four to be played in October 2021 in Italy.
The identities of the four finalists who will contest next year's Nations League are now known after the final groups games were played on Wednesday. Italy will host the Final Four after winning Group 1 in League A. The tournament will be played in Italy from 6 to 10 October next year. Joining Italy will be France, Spain and Belgium - the four teams who will be looking to lift the trophy, which was won for the first time by Portugal in 2019.
The final round of group games also determined which countries will either be promoted to the next league up or drop down a league. In League A, the top division, Bosnia, Sweden and Iceland are relegated. Joining them in League B will be the loser of the game between Switzerland and Ukraine which had been due to take place on Tuesday but was postponed because of Covid-19. Moving up into League A are four promoted teams - Austria, Hungary, Wales and Czech Republic. All four ended top of their respective groups in League B after a dramatic final night of matches.
The nations who go down from League B to League C are: Northern Ireland, Slovakia, Turkey and Bulgaria. And those who are promoted to League B include Armenia (coached by Joaquín Caparrós), Montenegro, Albania and Slovenia.
Facing relegation from League C to League D are Estonia, Cyprus, Kazakhstan and Moldova - the teams who finished last in their respective groups although they will now go into play-offs between them with the two losers dropping down a league. In the bottom division, League D, Gibraltar and the Faroe Islands have been promoted.
2020 Nations League standings:
(Finalists: France, Spain, Italy, Belgium)
Ukraine or Switzerland
Switzerland or Ukraine
LEAGUE C or D
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos reaching contract crossroads
- SUPER LEAGUE Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus face sanctions as UEFA reaches deal with other Super League clubs
- NFL Why does Aaron Rodgers want to leave the Green Bay Packers, and what could be his next possible NFL team?
- Coronavirus US How many people have died from the covid vaccine in the US?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS When will SSI recipients receive the Golden State Stimulus?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES Sinopharm vaccine: efficacy, dose, stock and differences with Pfizer, Sinovac, Moderna, Janssen...