FIFA: Essam El-Hadary wrote his name in history with letters of gold
FIFA's official website praised the magnificent career of the iconic goalkeeper who officially announced his retirement from professional football.
FIFA's official website has lauded the extraordinary career of Egypt's legendary goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary, who has officially announced his retirement from football aged 47, noting that he is planning on starting a new career in coaching.
FIFA's website noted that what El-Hadary has achieved with the national team and all the clubs he played for has allowed him to write his name in the history of football with letters of gold.
Legendary Egypt goalkeeper Essam @ElHadary has called time on his epic career 🇪🇬— FIFA World Cup (@FIFAWorldCup) November 19, 2020
At 45 years and 161 days he became the oldest player in a FIFA #WorldCup to set a landmark that will take some beating 👏@Pharaohs fans will never forget this moment 🥅pic.twitter.com/7FUMmInAgd
El-Hadary, who is known as "The High Dam" in his homeland, has played for clubs in Egypt, Switzerland, Sudan, and Saudi-Arabia, winning the AFCON title three times in a row with Egypt in 2006, 2008 and 2010.
El-Hadary is the oldest player to have played a full World Cup game
The article on El-Hadary noted that the goalkeeper made history by becoming the oldest player ever to participate in a World Cup game at the age of 45 years and 161 days.
The High Dam played the full game against Saudi-Arabia in the World Cup group stage to break the record previously set by Colombian goalkeeper Faryd Mondragón who was subbed on against Japan in 2014.
El-Hadary earlier announced on his official Twitter account that he is bringing the curtain down on his glamorous career pointing out that he is completely satisfied with what he has achieved and declaring that coaching will be his next step after he obtained the necessary licenses.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 stimulus check updates today: third payment, dates, eligibility, Biden, negotiation, live
- CORONAVIRUS Third stimulus check update: $1,400 payment in Biden relief proposal
- REAL MADRID UK media suggest Bale set for Madrid return next season
- CLUB WORLD CUP Auckland City withdraw from Club World Cup over covid measures
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why do Manchester United get so many penalties? Rashford points to Mourinho advice
- NBA Why is Kyrie Irivng currently absent from the Brooklyn Nets?