Sergio Ramos ruled out of next three Real Madrid games
Ramos will miss Madrid's upcoming games against Villarreal, Inter and Alavés. Zidane has both Militao and Nacho fit again and available for selection this weekend.
Sergio Ramos will miss Real Madrid's next three games, two in LaLiga and one in the Champions League, away to Inter. The tests carried out by the club have established that the captain has sustained a muscle injury in his right hamstring, picked up on Wednesday, in Spain's 6-0 defeat of Germany.
The injury will keep the 34-year-old out for between ten days and two weeks. Madrid's defence has been leaky under Zinedine Zidane so far this season, and losing the team's leader couldn't come at a worse time. This Saturday, Los Blancos head east for a tricky away fixture to take on Villarreal at La Cerámica. They then travel to Italy to face Inter on November 25, host Alavés on November 28, before another European fixture against Shakhtar Donetsk on December 1.
It is Ramos' third injury so far this year. In January, he was out for four games with a sprained ankle, and last month he missed the home defeat to Shakhtar due to left knee trouble picked up against newly-promoted Cádiz.
Ramos' centre-back partner Raphael Varane was also substituted for his country midweek and club doctors also evaluated his shoulder injury. The French defender continues to have some discomfort, and will be assessed further in training on Friday, prior to the trip to Castellón.
Zidane has been able to rebuild the defence with the return of Nacho and the confirmation that Militao has tested negative in two PCR tests, so the protocol allows him to be available for Saturday's league fixture. Hazard can also play, who, like the Brazilian, is no longer out through covid-19. Star forward Benzema could also return to action after resuming normal exercise recently having suffered a knock in the 4-1 defeat to Valencia at Mestalla before the international break. Despite some players returning for selection, Álvaro Odriozola and Fede Valverde are out for Villarreal. The Uruguayan is expected to be sidelined for several weeks.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Not time to panic, but LeBron's Lakers could use some help
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Why is Sen. Ron Johnson proving unpopular during the Senate stimulus check debate?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea and Liverpool heading in different directions after champions ruthlessly exposed
- LEBRON JAMES LeBron releases first sneak-peak photos of new Space Jam movie
- US NEWS Can I get the child tax credit or the child care tax credit, and what are the differences?
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check