Isco asks to leave Real Madrid
The Spanish midfielder has made his intentions to exit the capital club in the January window clear, and he has been given the green light if the offer suits.
Isco has requested a move away from Real Madrid.
Tired of a complicated relationship with manager Zinedine Zidane and not getting the pitch time opportunities he thinks he deserves, the Málaga-born player has made it known to the club that he would like to leave in the upcoming winter transfer market. After early reports emerged in Spain, AS confirmed this with those people close to the player, although no firm offer has been made known.
In recent days there have been rumours of him linking back up with James Rodríguez under the management of Carlo Ancelotti at Everton, although the Italian coach was quick to call these reports ”nonsense".
Real Madrid news:
Isco’s next club
This news comes as a rather abrupt change in the view of Isco. At the start of the season he was more than aware of the challenges that he faced of gaining his place in the starting line-up as Marco Asensio closed in on a return from his long spell on the sidelines and Martin Odegaard was brought back into the fold after impressing on loan at Real Sociedad.
Despite that, the creative midfielder made it clear to everyone that he wanted to stay. He has a contract with Los Blancos until 2022 and is valued at around 30 million euros by the website Transfermarkt - the price he cost from Málaga in 2013 - although given that he is a highly regarded 28-year old, some believe Madrid could get much more.
His club have approved a move for the player but the offer would have to meet their valuation as they continue to build funds for what could be a big summer of investment next year. Given what has happened in 2020 with the pandemic, Madrid are set to miss out on around 200 million euros.
There is no doubt that Isco could add a massive creative boost to the right team.
Te recomendamos en English
- Square Enix's E3 2021 conference live updates: games, announcements, trailers
- E3 2021 Microsoft's Xbox and Bethesda conference at E3 2021 recap: games, announcements, trailers
- Euro 2020 Denmark team doctor: Eriksen was 'gone' after suffering cardiac arrest
- E3 2021 After missing E3 2021, will Sony (PlayStation) have a State of Play in the summer? When?
- EURO 2020 | GROUP F France vs Germany: Mbappé explains Giroud annoyance
- EURO 2020 France vs Germany: Benzema and Griezmann get green light