Al-Ahly enter a closed camp until the Champions League final
The team will enter a closed camp starting Sunday following their game in the Egyptian cup quarter-final until their highly-anticipated game against Zamalek by the end of this month.
The football director of the Red Devils Sayed Abdul-Hafiz has announced that the squad is set to start a closed camp on Sunday following their game against Abu Qir in the Egyptian cup quarter-finals until the CAF Champions League tournament decider against Zamalek on 27 November.
The decision was made to ensure the safety of the players and staff and to avert undergoing constant covid-19 testing especially after the club announced that the players Mahmoud Kahraba and Saleh Gom'aa were infected with the virus. The players will undergo a swab following their game against Abu Qir on Saturday before their camp, which will be held in one of Cairo's major hotels commences.
The sports director called on his players to firmly follow health instructions
Abdul-Hafiz also held a meeting with the players before Friday's training at Al-Tetsh stadium to urge them to avoid any gatherings, maintain social distance at all times, and follow all precautionary measures needed amidst the covid-19 second wave. He insisted on meeting with the players in an open area to make sure social distancing will be observed and to avoid any closed areas where the infection can be transmitted easily.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus What travel recommendations have the CDC established for Thanksgiving?
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- BOXING Tyson vs Jones Jr: Two boxing legends and the shock defeats in their storied careers
- LIGA MX There will be a Clásico Nacional in both Women’s and Men’s playoffs in the Liga MX
- LIGA MX Four key matchups to be aware for the quarter-finals in the Liga MX
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford