ATLÉTICO 1-0 BARCELONA
Barcelona's Piqué given early assessment of one month out
The central defender was the unfortunate party in the defeat to Atlético Madrid, and hobbled off injured in the second half. Worry was he'd miss most of the season.
Gerard Piqué had a night to forget at the Wanda Metropolitano on Saturday. The defender limped off the pitch on the hour mark after being hurt on his right knee in an accidental collision with Correa, who had been tripped by Jordi Alba, and initial reports had him at risk of missing the majority of the remainder of the season.
Piqué expected to miss a month
Barça’s veteran player will go through tests on Sunday, which will give a clearer idea of the extent of the injury but the initial feeling in the changing room after the game were not positive. As he left the pitch he knew the signs were not good and he appeared to be fighting back the tears, edpectgin the worse. The early assessment by doctors in Madrid, however, have suggested that rather than being out for between four and six months, it’s more likely to be around one month before we see Piqué back on the field representing Barcelona.
This is just another problem to add to the list for Ronald Koeman, who is without Umtiti and had to throw on Dest in the change against Atlético, and rearranged his line-up, putting Frenkie de Jong into the centre of defence. Umtiti could be back soon, but Sergi Roberto also left the field with a knock meaning more concern.
INJURY NEWS@3gerardpique has a right knee sprain. @SergiRoberto10 has a right quadriceps injury.— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) November 21, 2020
They will both undergo further testing to determine the exact extent of their injuries. pic.twitter.com/IELcU9YvgA
As Barcelona confirmed, Piqué only has a sprain of the right knee.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $3,000/$3,600 child tax credit: how long would stimulus measure last?
- COPA DEL REY Barcelona vs Sevilla: result, summary and goals
- MANCHESTER UNITED De Gea, Martial doubts for Man Utd ahead of derby with Man City
- USMNT England want to persuade Yunus Musah to leave the USMNT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 $15 minimum wage: what's the state of the current negotiation and who is pushing for it?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $1,400 stimulus check: new eligibility criteria for payment to filers