Borussia Dortmund midfielder Reinier tests positive for covid-19
On-loan Real Madrid midfielder Reinier has featured seven times for Borussia Dortmund this term but has now been ruled out after testing positive for covid-19.
Borussia Dortmund midfielder Reinier has tested positive for coronavirus, the German club have announced.
The 18-year-old, who joined Dortmund on a two-year loan deal from Real Madrid in August, underwent PCR tests for covid-19 upon his return from international duty with Brazil Under-23s last week.
Reinier was not part of Dortmund's squad for their Bundesliga win over Hertha Berlin at the weekend and no other BVB players have tested positive.
Dortmund confirmed the news on Monday, a day before their Champions League match with Club Brugge, and added that the teenager is asymptomatic and is now self-isolating.
Borussia Dortmund player, Reinier, has tested positive for COVID-19 and is symptom free.— Borussia Dortmund (@BlackYellow) November 23, 2020
We wish him a healthy and speedy recovery pic.twitter.com/xmEG6tzcu7
He has been used seven times by Lucien Favre, each of those appearances coming from the bench.
Reinier, who won the Campeonato Brasileiro and Copa Libertadores with Flamengo in 2019, has yet to score, assist or create a chance in his three Bundesliga outings and has managed just one shot.
Tuesday's meeting with Brugge is the first of three home games in a row for Dortmund, with Cologne and Lazio to come in the next nine days.
Te recomendamos en English
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Granada 1-4 Real Madrid: LaLiga title race now a capital affair
- Climate News Carbon Tax: What is it and who is calling for the federal government to implement one?
- Real Madrid Kroos' season could be over after covid-19 contact
- FA CUP FA Cup prize money: how much do the winners get?
- Coupe de France final PSG: Neymar banned for Coupe de France final against Monaco
- Coronavirus Where won't you have to wear a mask after the vaccine and in what cases?