LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
A free agent in Toronto – where he won the title in 2019 – Marc Gasol is set to sign a two-year deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, following in the footsteps of his brother.
NBA champions the Los Angeles Lakers have reportedly agreed to sign Toronto Raptors star Marc Gasol. A free agent in Toronto – where he won the title in 2019 – Gasol is set to sign a two-year deal with the Lakers, ESPN reports. After trading JaVale McGee and his contract to the Cleveland Cavaliers, the deal will also see Jordan Bell and Alfonzo McKinnie head to the Lakers on non-guaranteed contracts.
Gasol brothers in LA
Gasol was initially drafted by the Lakers in 2007 but his rights were traded to the Memphis Grizzlies in 2008 in a deal that sent his older brother Pau to Los Angeles.
Marc Gasol joined the Raptors from the Grizzlies last year, and the Spaniard enjoyed immediate success. The 35-year-old averaged 9.1 points, 6.6 rebounds and 3.9 assists per game following his February switch in 2019 – Toronto, led by Kawhi Leonard, capturing their maiden championship. Last season, Gasol averaged 7.5 points, 6.3 rebounds and 3.3 assists per game as the Raptors lost in the Eastern Conference semi-finals.
Gasol joins a Lakers side who ended their 10-year wait for a title in October's NBA Finals. LeBron James and the Lakers have already recruited Sixth Man of the Year Montrezl Harrell from city rivals the Los Angeles Clippers in free agency, having seen Dwight Howard depart for the Philadelphia 76ers.
On Sunday, the Lakers also confirmed the signing of shooting guard Wesley Matthews, who played for the Milwaukee Bucks in 2019-20.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus Check: is it necessary to live in the US to be eligible for payment?
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?